Advice - Met
Bunyip River and Dandenong Creek
1512701204000Yesterday at 1:46 PM
This Minor Flood Warning
is being issued
for Bunyip River and Dandenong Creek
The Bunyip River
- The Bunyip River catchment has received rainfall averaging about 37 mm since 09:00 AM yesterday (Thursday December 7, 2017).
- The Western Port catchment has received rainfall averaging about 37 mm for the same period. Rainfall totals of 5-10 mm have been forecast for the catchment today.Water levels of the Bunyip River at various locations are rising in response to the rain.
- The level of the Bunyip River at Iona is currently at 1.49 metres and rising. It is expected to peak below the Minor Flood Level of 2.10 metres this evening.
- The level of the Bunyip River at Cora Lynn is currently 2.79 metres and rising. It is expected to reach the Minor Flood Level of 3.10 metres this evening. It is expected to peak above the Minor Flood Level overnight.
- Minor flooding in the Bunyip River catchment is expected to affect low-lying areas adjacent to the waterway.
- The Dandenong Creek catchment has received rainfall averaging about 41 mm since 09:00 AM yesterday 7 December 2017. Rainfall totals of 5-10 mm have been forecast for the catchment today.
- Water levels of the Dandenong Creek at various locations have risen in response to the rain.
- The level of the Dandenong Creek at Rowville (Police Road RB) is currently at 4.26 metres and rising. It is expected to peak around the Minor Flood Level of 4.60 metres this evening.
Stay informed - monitor your
local conditions and remain alert.
What you should do:
- Be prepared to act if your situation changes.
- You should stay informed by listening to emergency
broadcasters and monitoring warnings.
- Floodwater is dangerous - never drive, walk or ride through floodwater.
Impacts in your area:
- Flooding above floor level of
a single story home may occur in some locations.
The Bunyip River
- The ford at Cora Lynn will be closed to traffic this afternoon.
- Minor flooding in the Dandenong Creek catchment is expected to affect low-lying areas adjacent to the waterway. Heatherton Road between Stud Road and Monash Freeway may be closed to traffic this afternoon
This message was issued
by State Emergency Service
next update is expected by 09/12/2017 03:00 pm or as the situation changes.
- Go to www.emergency.vic.gov.au.
in to ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations, or
Sky News TV.
- Phone the VicEmergency Hotline to talk to someone about this warning on 1800 226 226 (freecall).
who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have a speech/communication impairment
can contact VicEmergency
Hotline via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
help with English, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to telephone VicEmergency Hotline. If you know someone who cannot speak English, provide them with this
- Download the VicEmergency app or follow VicEmergency on Twitter (#vicfloods) or Facebook.