message is being issued for Bundoora, Greensborough, Mill Park, Plenty, South Morang.
- The bushfire at Jubilee Cr, Mill Park remains under control.
- The fire continues to burn within the containment lines and smoke may be visible in the surrounding area.
- The southern end of Plenty Gorge Park is closed.
- Numerous trees are smouldering within the burnt area.
- Firefighters continue to patrol the fire and extinguish hot spots.
This message was issued
by Country Fire Authority.
The next update is expected by 05/01/2020 11:30 am or
as the situation changes.
If you can see or smell smoke, please note:
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.